Land rear of 48 Farnaby Road, Madeira Avenue, Bromley - 4 January 2019
Madeira Avenue elevation
A planning application, ref. No. 05/00116/FULL1, for a two/three storey detached three bedroom house with integral garage on land rear of 48 Farnaby Road, Madeira Avenue, Bromley was refused planning permission on 24 February 2005 for the following reasons:
- The proposed development would give rise to an unacceptable degree of overlooking and loss of privacy and amenity to the occupiers of Nos. 46-50 Farnaby Road contrary to Policy H.2 (ii) of the adopted Unitary Development Plan and Policy H6 of the second deposit draft Unitary Development Plan (September 2002).
- The proposal constitutes a cramped and unacceptable form of piecemeal development, detrimental to the amenities which the occupants of adjoining properties could reasonably expect to be able to continue to enjoy, by reason of overlooking and visual impact, contrary to Policy H.2 of the adopted Unitary Development Plan and Policy H6 of the second deposit draft Unitary Development Plan (September 2002).
- The proposal would have an unsatisfactory relationship with the host dwellings, out of character with the area and likely to lead to an undesirable retrograde lowering of the spatial standards of the area contrary to Policy H.2 of the adopted Unitary Development Plan and Policy H6 of the second deposit draft Unitary Development Plan (September 2002).
A new planning application, ref. No. 18/05287/FULL1, was made on 26 November 2018 for the erection of a detached two bedroom dwelling facing Madeira Avenue on land formerly the rear garden of 48 Farnaby Road. The following documents are available:
- Acknowledgement Letter
- Floor Plan
- Roof Plan
- Design and Access Statement
- Floor Plan
- Street Level Plan
- First Floor Plan
- NEW and SIDE Elevations [sic]
- NE and SW Elevations
- Concept Plan
- Site Plan
- The Location Plan
- Application Form – without personal data
See for example the Design and Access Statement and the “NEW and SIDE Elevations” – actually NW and SE elevations.
The proposal is to construct a “modest” two bedroomed dwelling with a total floor area of 112 square metres with pedestrian and vehicular access from Madeira Avenue, Bromley. Parking for two cars is to be provided at the front of the site. The lower ground floor level uses the slope of the site to provide the main living/kitchen area with access to the south facing garden.
The standard consultation expiry date is Thursday 24 January 2019.