In response to feedback received, the developers of land at Ethelbert Close and the rear of the High Street, Bromley, which they are now referring to as Churchill Quarter, have revised the layout and scale of the development. They say this will enhance the relationship with the park and gardens. Unfortunately, residents were given no notice of a public consultation held on 16 to 18 November 2017. However, please click here to download a copy of the exhibition boards.
- 411 new homes including affordable homes to meet a range of housing needs;
- high quality landscaping with the historic Library Gardens cedar tree at its heart;
- new commercial space including space for local small to medium sized companies or start-ups;
- enhanced public realm linking Churchill Quarter, the High Street and Church House Gardens;
- community space to provide a new home for Bromley Town Church; and
- creation of a new cultural destination around the Churchill Theatre and library.
where you can also make your comments.
Countryside Properties has been selected by the London Borough of Bromley as their development partner to bring forward proposals for the first part of Opportunity Site G, which they refer to as Churchill Gardens. Please find at this link a newsletter regarding an upcoming public consultation. This initial stage of consultation will be the first opportunity for the community to find out more about design principles and emerging plans.
The first consultation event to find out more about the emerging plans and design principles for Churchill Gardens will take place at Bromley High Street, opposite the entrance to the Churchill Theatre and Church House Gardens, on the following dates:
- Thursday 6 July 2017 – 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday 7 July 2017 – Midday to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 8 July 2017 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Members of their team will be on hand to talk you through the initial plans and discuss your views. If you are unable to come along, the displayed information will be available on their website from Monday 10 July 2017, and you will also be able to submit your comments online:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 7871 3565
- Website: www.churchillgardensbromley.co.uk