8 Highland Road, Bromley BR1 4AD – 16 November 2017
Isometric view towards north west
The Design and Access Statement shows that the proposal is as follows:
- This project is to re-develop the site with the insertion of 5 two-storey terraced houses. The existing garages will be removed and the new houses built over the garages site and part of the rear garden of No 10 Highland Road – a site area of approximately 950 m2.
- The houses will be L shape with a front courtyard and rear garden. They each will have a green roof flat at the front and sloping to the rear.
- The houses will be organized with an open plan dining/lounge and kitchen on the ground floor and two bedrooms and bathroom on the upper floor.
- The houses will be built to high environmental standards, with a timber frame structure, timber boarding on the façades at first floor level and brick walls at ground floor level.
- All new houses to be built to meet the London Plan and will aim to achieve Lifetime homes standards. The gross internal floor area of each house will be around 84 m2 with courtyard and rear garden with a total area varying between 35 and 50 m2.
Conclusions are stated as follows:
- This project makes use of a disused and neglected site, and aims to turn it into residential mews providing a quality living environment.
- The proposal is the result of careful consideration of the existing environment and neighbouring properties.
- The proposed houses are small scale but will provide comfortable accommodation with ample private garden and amenity space.
The standard consultation expiry date is Thursday 7 December 2017.